5. Write a story together. Let your imagination run free! Each family member could write one page of content
and then pass it on to the next member to add to. Alternatively you could have a story writing competition.
Get the kids to re-write their favourite fairytale and pick the most creative story as the winner.
6. Go camping. This is a great way for families to bond and spend time together enjoying the outdoors. If you
don’t have a tent or garden, build a tent indoors with blankets and sheets.
7. Have a treasure hunt. Create a treasure map with clues to find some treats you have hidden around the
house. It doesn’t have to be expensive, anything will be exciting when it is found.
8. Have a garage or ebay clear out. Get the kids to tidy out their rooms of anything unwanted. Not only will your home be a little less cluttered, your kids will learn the value of money and earn some extra pocket money!
9. Go on a bike ride. This is a great way of getting or staying fit these holidays. You could visit a play-park,
beach or cinema. Click here for safety tips for kids when cycling.
10. Make sure your kids are educated about sun safety.The Outdoor Kids Sun Safety Code is for those who work
outdoors with children, ensuring that all in their care are properly sun protected, ALL day long. Ask your club